House on Fire by Adeola Olayinka
*HOUSE ON FIRE*
*BY ADEOLA OLAYINKA*
It Was on a Monday Morning when this terrible incident happened and everybody was rushing out to make a living. I was in the bathroom when I noticed a blackout "oh this stupid NEPA again" I lamented until I got to the living room. To my greatest surprise, there was light in the neighborhood.
I was wondering what could have happened so I had to called an Electrician to come and check it out .
When he came I was already running late for work so I left him in the house instructing him to leave my key with my neighbour.
Two hours later I received a call from the gateman to notify me that my Apartment was on fire ,I was shocked to an extent I ran out of the office without wearing my shoes ,when I managed to get home I saw everywhere crowded with people trying their best to quench the fire .With a hurting heart I went to the fire fighter to ask about what caused the fire and he narrated that from the information he gathered ,the electrician connected the wires wrongly and there was spark when he switched on the light. Unknowingly to him that there was a leaked gas which has diffused through out the house ,so that was what helped the fire .Though the electrician managed to ran out of the house but before he could do anything the whole Apartment was already on fire and that is how the Beautiful apartment becomes an empty dark bricks with lonely walls.

Comments
Post a Comment